Knesset member Tammy Zandberg (Meretz) told us how Conservative American Jews influence Israeli politics by investing in think tanks and social media campaigns. She explained how the NGO transparency law allows the conservative camp to continue influencing Israeli politics without interruption – while targeting money going to progressive organizations.
Tammy Zandberg, The Israeli Progressive Camp Needs Your Support
This post was written by Maya Haber
Maya Haber was born and raised in Israel. She graduated from Tel Aviv University with a BA in History and Philosophy and went on to graduate school at the University of London and earned a PhD at the University of California Los Angeles. She has written and published on healthcare and social sciences in the post-WWII Soviet Union. Maya was the recipient of a Partners for Progressive Israel’s Study tour scholarship in November 2014. The symposium influenced her deeply and she started working for Partners for Progressive Israel as the Director of Development and Programming.
This blog is a platform for discussion related to Israel and the American Jewish community. The views expressed in its posts and comments do not necessarily reflect the organization's official position. Readers' comments are welcome, but are reviewed for civility before being posted.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- NOT a New Era for Israelis and Palestinians (for Better and Worse)
- Holocaust Scholars speak out against President Trump’s choice for ambassador to Israel
- Social Justice Centers: What Americans can learn from the Progressive Israeli experience
- David Friedman is a trigger on Jerusalem’s Ticking Bomb
- Three Reasons Not to Move the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem
- Hashomer Hatzair and AJYAL Educating Syrian Refugees
- Tamar Zandberg, Overt Racism in Umm al-Hiran
- Meet Israel’s Bernie Sanders: MK Ilan Gilon
- Enough with the Kabuki Dance in the United Nations
- Pres. Trump and the Jews
- Noam Shuster-Ellaisi is Challenging Traditional Peace Camp Assumptions and Methods
- Avi Buskila, Peace Now’s new director is a different kind of leftist
- Our Misconceptions of Israel Undermine our Ability to Advocate for Peace
- Why is public transportation a question in Israel? And how are cooperatives an answer?
- Shalom Boguslavsky, Rewriting Life Before Oslo
601 West 26th Street, Suite 325-30
New York, NY, 10001
Tel: (212) 242 4500
Fax: (212) 242 5718